Cystic fibrosis center
Lviv Regional Center for Medical Care for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis
Head of the center – Bober Lyudmila Yosypivna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, doctor of the highest category.
Phone numbers: +38 032 247 08 97 – head of the center
+38 032 247 77 05 – resident of the center
+38 032 270 45 62 – bullets monologue center
1. general information
The center, which is part of the pediatric department, provides qualified care to patients with cystic fibrosis.
The main directions:
- diagnosis of cystic fibrosis
- differential diagnosis with other malabsorption syndromes and metabolic diseases, abnormalities in the development of the broncholenic system and gastrointestinal tract
- determination of treatment tactics, outpatient counseling and inpatient treatment
- training of parents and patients
- psychological assistance to patients and their parents
2. Doctors of the department:
Bober Lyudmila Yosypivna – Head of the center, Ph.D., doctor of the highest category.
League Olga Vladimirovna – bullets monologue of the center, the doctor of the highest category, the main freelance children's bullets monologue DOZ LODA.
Rogovyk Natalia Volodymyrivna – pediatrician of the center, assistant of the department of pediatrics and neonatology of FPDO of LNMU named after Danylo Halytsky.
3. Research activities:
The Center cooperates with the Institute of Hereditary Pathology of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, the Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology of the Danylo Halytsky LNMU.
The dissertation on the topic: "The state of the pancreas in patients with cystic fibrosis depending on the phenotype-genotype association" (Bober LY).
The dissertation on the topic: "Levels of vitamins A and E and trace elements zinc and selenium in children with cystic fibrosis: diagnosis and treatment" (Rogovik NV).
4. Charity within the center:
- Children's Hope Charitable Foundation”
- Wings of Hope Charitable Foundation”
- Open Palms Charitable Foundation”
The center has been cooperating for many years with foreign clinics and organizations that provide various charitable assistance to patients and training of its specialists..
- Since 2001, a multifaceted collaboration has been established with Dr. Jean Feigelson from Paris (France), who has repeatedly consulted patients, was a participant and speaker at conferences on cystic fibrosis.
- Since 1999, long-term cooperation with CHI (ChildHealthInternational) in the framework of the project "Helping patients with cystic fibrosis". As part of this cooperation, international conferences, patient counseling, training of doctors, physiotherapists, psychologists and training of parents with cystic fibrosis are conducted by a team of British specialists led by Professor Mark Rosenthal of the Royal Hospital in Bormton (RBH, London, UK).
- Thanks to the charity of Mikhail Kacheray (Hill-RomCompani, Inc., RespiratoryCareInternational, Austria), the center received a modern expensive device "VEST" for complex physiotherapy of bronchopulmonary problems associated with cystic fibrosis.
- In recent years, scientific cooperation with the Center for Cystic Fibrosis of Poznan Medical University (Poland) - Professor Jaroslav Valkowiak.
6. How to direct to the center?
For hospitalization in the center it is necessary:
- Get a referral for examination and / or treatment from a district specialist (pediatrician, family doctor) with information about the purpose of the referral.
- Have an outpatient card or extract from it.
- Have a certificate from the place of residence about the lack of contact with infectious patients in the last 3 weeks before referral.